CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Dedicated

This word is something that I have been thinking about lately and what it means to be dedicated to something or somebody. All of my life I have been dedicated to doing something. For the most part this was always a sport, whether it was baseball or soccer or football, my time was always dedicated to a sport. Once my life became radically changed by Christ I found the more and more I grew and learned the more I wanted to dedicate my life to spreading the name of Christ. Everyday my life is dedicated for the glorification of His kingdom. The word dedicate is literally defined to devote wholly and earnestly. When somebody says that they accept Christ, their life is to be dedicated to being a servant. At many camps and such experiences many people will say that they are rededicating their lives. I honestly don't think that rededicating is something that should be encouraged. HEAR ME OUT... when I think about somebody rededicating I always wonder how dedicated they were before. You can't rededicate something that wasn't dedicated before! Once we make the decision to make Christ the center of our lives, we dedicate and turn over everything to him. Dedication can be a learning process but it is something that either happens or it doesn't. When we make the decision and say that Christ is our life, our life should reflect just that and we should be dedicated to Him. Either you are dedicated or you are not, again you cannot rededicate something that was not dedicated before. What are you dedicated to?

0 comments: