CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Man of your word

I was thinking about trust and why I have such a hard time not only trusting others but trusting God. Since none of us are perfect we will at some point in our lives say we will do something and not do it, and this will unfortunately cause somebody to lose their trust in you. For me I cannot pinpoint a specific occasion that made me lose trust in others, but it has been a growing process to bring it back. Since we are humans and since this world is full of sin, something or somebody will always let us down. Thankfully there is a voice that is louder than mine and He will never let you down. In thinking about my trust issues, I found that I have a lot of faith in myself to do things, but God has continually been humbling me and showing me that I am fallible and that he is Truth! God has made us promises and he has and will continue to fulfill them and remain true. Now for us, that profess to be followers of Christ, we first need to practice what we preach. By this I mean that if we are going to be telling others to find/follow/trust/and believe in Christ then by all means we had better be doing the same! Telling and preaching is not enough, you must be living it! Since we are fallible men, we will always screw up, but God is there and always forgives us and sheds his grace upon us. In terms of keeping your word, first I find that I need to study The Word more in order to be able to remain true to my word. The more I study and read and become one with Christ, my word becomes His word and that will be kept. I hope to become the friend a friend would like to have, and the man of God I have been called to be. I have told many before that if they need me or anything at all, that I am here. I have remained true to these words and I will continue to remain true to them for anybody, because God has shown me that love and I must allow others to experience the same, even if it means going across the country just so you have somebody, I will be there, because God has always been there for me! Whenever or whatever, He is there and He always keeps his word. Are you a man of your word?

0 comments: