CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Abide

After reading over some of the things that I have written, some could say that I was a bit redundant. The one thing I would I say that was repeated was the necessity of Christ. If anything is to be repeated as a sign of importance, I definitely believe it to be the dire need of Christ. Anyways, I was trying to think of something that would just sum it all up and then I went to church and JD preached on John 15:1-17 and the word he focused on was "abide." This one word encapsulates what I have been trying to get across in my last several posts. Here is how JD defined abide: 1. Where you draw acceptance (John 15:9), 2. Where you draw satisfaction (John 15:11), 3. Where you draw power (John 15:4). All in all Jesus states to abide in him in all things. To abide in him means to find your acceptance, satisfaction, and power and everything else in God's love, and grace. Abide, that word alone portrays the importance and the necessity of Christ. "These things I command you so that you will love one another" John 15:17. Once you abide, you will love. BUT, if you don't abide you will wither away. Are you abiding?

0 comments: