CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Heartbreak

Too many times, I feel I've had my heartbroken. A heartbreak is something that if you're lucky you won't have to experience, but most of the people I know have been heartbroken at some point in their lives. To have my heartbroken was the worst time of my life and the only one I had to blame was myself. In these times when I needed somebody and God the most, I ran and hid away from the people and the God who loves me the most. The beauty of a broken heart is that God uses and mends the broken for his kingdom and glory! When I feel as if I've been let down or when I feel my heart break, it is for the better. In having my heartbroken, in retrospect, I now know that I invested too much of my life and my time and was not focused on what God had intended for my life. The Lord gives and takes away. When we are being selfish and are running from him he will take away the things we care about the most and this results in heartbreak. The most encouraging thing is that if my heart had not been broken I would not have been picked up and filled with the life of Christ. Has your heart been broken?

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww Josh...I know exactly what you're talking about. It's almost like I'm scared to love something because I don't want to put it first and then lose it. It's a struggle...

and getting your heart broken is something that I don't know if I can go through again. It hurts soooo bad and the recovery is way to hard.