CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Frozen

So today I had an amazing time going snowboarding finally for the first time this season! It was so much much and I can't until I go again! Anyways, it was probably about 30 or so degrees and it was snowing and everything was frozen. I was riding the ski lift to the top of the mountain and on the way up, underneath the lift was a stream with flowing water. Not only was this a beautiful site but it was mind boggling that everything was frozen except for this stream. This got me to thinking about several things. The stream to me symbolized the life of a follower and disciple of Christ. Here, you have somebody that, like this stream, is full of life. The life that they are full of is eternal life given only by Christ. The world around them is frozen and stuck in sin and a follower of Jesus has the stream of life flowing from the one and only Source. Not only can this be a person in the world, but it is also ourselves as a whole. By this I mean that our hearts are the stream and our bodies are frozen. For me my body/mind provide temptation and the overflow out of the stream of my heart is what provides life and the love of Christ through my body. My heart is the stream for my body, and Christ through me is the stream for this world around me. Are you still frozen?

0 comments: