CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Death

So we went to see "The Bucket List" the other day and it was a good movie for the most part (if you really want to talk about the movie just get up with me some time). Anyways, this movie was about the one thing that almost every person refuses to think about: Death. Nobody, including myself, likes to dwell on death, I mean it's kind of a scary thing, right? Here's something to think about, death is something that everybody has witnessed and it is the one thing that people think will never happen to them. That's so true. Most of us have had to deal with the death of somebody we know, but we continue to go on with life as if we are invincible. I'm not saying that we should constantly dwell on dying, but I am saying that it is something that will come no matter what we do and since we never know when it will come, we are told to give our life for His Kingdom. Here's some encouraging words to think about, "To live is Christ, to die is gain." When I think about this and apply it to my life the first thing I come upon is "To live is Christ." The latter is a bold statement. What that means to me is that I am already dead, this is not my life, rather it is Christ. "To die is gain," simply means to gain the Kingdom of eternal life that God has promised to us once we have already lost our lives to Christ. So why is it that we must lose our life anyway? "The wages of sin is death." Since God is infinite we must repay our disobedience to him with an infinite/eternal penalty. This penalty is death and eternal separation from God (Hell). The beauty of the gospel is that once we lose our life to Christ, he has already paid our infinite debt to God by dying on the cross, and our sins are forgiven. Thank God for his grace, by which we receive salvation. Even still, death is never fun to think about, but it is something that is inevitable. Therefore, I encourage you to never waste an opportunity and go ahead and lose your life for Christ so that when death comes it is only gain. Have you sacrificed your life?

0 comments: