CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 04, 2006

Trying to stay positive

Well, I found out today that I am going to have to have surgery on my ankle again. I had surgery on the same ankle about 2 years ago and I have re-injured it and am going to have surgery on December 19, the day before I leave for Ohio for Christmas. While this isn't the end of the world, I know, it is something that continually brings me down. The reason this is is because sports have always been a big part of life and I love to just go out and play around, but with these ankle injuries I have not been capable of going out and playing as much as I want to. For me it is hard for me to see the bright side of this recurring injury, but since I have been through it multiple times now, it is simply a humbling experience. Since I could not play sports I would go and support them and be their "coach" and just provide a good attitude for everyone out there and would conduct the prayers before and after the games. So, while this seems like a downing experience, I am trying to let God use me in new and different ways that don't include me being involved with sports. Since there is nothing I can do about this, I place it in God's hands and allow Him to continue to use me. How are you being used?

0 comments: