CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, December 01, 2006

Poetry

Ok, so I am taking this class entitled Intro to Poetry. I know what you're thinking, poetry, how easy. This class is definitely not that simple, but today we had an opportunity to read our favorite poems or lyrics. The poem I chose was written by William Byrd and is entitled "Death is Nothing but a Moment's Rest," and it is a great Christian poem that has described how I've felt along the way of my Christian walk. While others were reading their poems and some performing, it just felt like God was speaking and basically laying it out there for those who don't know him. Not only through the poem I chose but from other poems that didn't have to do with God or Christianity at all. One of the girls in the class performed the song "Cathedrals," and there is a couple lines that read as follows, "In the cathedrals of New York and Rome There is a feeling that you should just go home And spend a lifetime finding out just where that is." I continued to think about this and thought about where is home. Home...is it where I was born (Ohio), is it where I've been raised (Southport), or is it where I will spend eternity? So just where is home, it is all three for all three are what make me whole. There was another poem that just caught my attention, I do not remember who wrote it or the title, but these following lines were stuck in my head and I thought about it all day. "It is better to be a part of beauty for one instant and then cease to exist than to exist forever and never be a part of beauty." WOW!! That is all I could say after thinking about those lines. For me I took beauty to be the love of Christ and for me to be a part of the love of Christ and His sacrifice for us for one instant and then cease to exist is better than to exist forever and never experience His love, grace, and mercy. Therefore, since I know how it feels to be a part of the love of Christ it has been laid upon me to share this love so that other will not have to go their whole lives without experiencing the love of Christ. Where is your home? Are you being a part or are you just existing?

0 comments: