CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Longing...

I've been thinking lately about how we long for things so often, and most of the time we fail to see what is right in front of our faces. There's been multiple occasions where I've longed to be somewhere or with somebody or to have something, when God has provided so much for me already. I have this longing to have love and a relationship only those who've experienced it can explain. But what I've realized is that God has that same longing except it is a relationship and love with us. Unfortunately, at times I myself am too busy worrying about me and what I want to see that God is right here with His arms opened wide. I've never known a love so true, and yet I still don't give God what is His. Instead of spending time with Him I am spending time longing for what I cannot provide. God has provided, but it is I who have to choose to open my eyes and stop longing for something else. "I won't be lonely tonight, because my maker is holding me." "Lord I want to yearn for you, I want to burn with passion." Are you still longing?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say thanks for writing this post because it applies perfectly to me. A lot of my friends are in pretty serious relationships and lately its made me want that same kind of companionship. But everytime I've come close to that it seems as if something happens that "takes it all away." Over the past couple days I've realised that it was God. I had been putting too much time and effort into the friendship that could become more and forgetting to spend time with God. I didn't forget God complete just put somebody else on the same level as God, which is just as bad.....