CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 08, 2008

Enough

In the past week or so I have thought a lot about the word 'enough.' One of the questions that has been rolling through my head lately is that if somebody came up to me and asked me why I believe what I believe would I have an answer for them? After talking to a few people and praying a lot about it, it came down to the question is Jesus enough? Something to think about is that if all is stripped away, if all that makes you 'happy' is taken away, would Jesus honestly be enough? Clearly I would hope that that answer is a resounding yes, but it is something that is a continuous struggle. Everyday I have to remind myself that God loves me no matter what and that his love never changes. Because of this love, we are told in 1 Peter 3:15 to "always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have." I find my joy in the salvation of the name of Christ and He alone is the reason for the hope, for the life, and for the joy we experience. Will you always be prepared to give the answer? Is Jesus enough?

0 comments: