CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 17, 2006

Testimony and Thanksgiving

So the other night at youth I was asked to get up and share my testimony for the kids. I of course said yes because I knew that they needed to hear my story and get to know me better. The only thing is, is that I've never really spoken in front of a large group before, except for at Caswell and even then it was just like a devotion kind of thing, so needless to say I was a bit nervous. But things went great and I shared for a few minutes and they got to know me a little better from hearing my testimony. If you would ever want to know you can always ask. Anyways after that the youth minister spoke about Thanksgiving and the kids wrote letters of thanks to whomever they wanted and one of the 7th grade guys wrote a letter of thanks to me, which was awesome...here's some of what he had to say: "I am thankful for you to be a new best friend because it's always good to have friends. I also think you're a cool dude to hang around with. One really cool thing about you is that you accepted Christ a long time ago. It was cool to be on your team and getting to know you." How amazing is that!

How awesome is that that some of these kids already consider me to be one of their best friends! It amazes me as to how God is working through me and in the lives of everyone that we are coming into contact with. I love working with these kids and I can't thank God enough for what He is continuing to do. Are others seeing Christ in you?

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Josh I'm having so much fun keeping up with you! I'm glad you started this virtual diary! I miss you and I think about you often! Hopefully I'll see you soon...keep spreading your story! God smiles everytime you do!