CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Be the Church

WOW!! What an amzing weekend I just experienced! It was great seeing God work in the lives of our youth at Summit. Our total head count of youth for the weekend fall retreat was 99! How amazing is it that God brought that many youth to hear His word and to allow them to witness others proclaiming His name and just worshipping all weekend long!! It was great seeing God work this weekend in the youth, especially in those who had never had a relationship with Christ. There were several first time decisions mad this past weekend, which is just great to witness. So I didn't really know what I was getting into this weekend, I was assigned to the 6th grade boys! While they were a little rambunxious, all in all they were a great group of kids. I am so thankful that God put me in this spot to be able to work with those kids and to just see Him working in everyone's life this weekend.

One of the t-shirts I have is from campus crossroads and on the front it says Be the Church and on the back it has a verse...Anyways several of the kids were confused as to what it meant by "Be the Church," as they were thinking it meant be the building. Sooo... I sat down with a couple of them and explained to them that the Church is not the building that we go to, but rather it is the Body of Christ. Since the Church is the Body of Christ and the Body of Christ are all believers, we as believers are therefore the Church. So i explained to them that in order to Be the Church they must first become believers and followers of Christ (become the Body), which was amazing to share with them. Therefore, I say to those who have ears to hear...Be the Church.

0 comments: