CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New Opportunities

So the last time that I have posted was about 4 months ago and needless to say, a lot has happened since then. First let me say that as always the summer was amazing at Caswell and God is definitely raising up a generation of students that are sold out for Him and for His mission. This summer ended a little different than others for me though. As many know by now, my parents were in pretty bad head on accident in July which was a huge wake up call for me and many of my friends. I am thankful and grateful to say that both are healthy and back to their lives and that I know it was due to all the prayers that were being sent up by the community of believers around me. How awesome is it to know that when something happens there are literally thousands of people, around the states and the world going before God on your behalf. That fact alone is the only reason that I was able to find peace and rest throughout the whole experience, because I knew and trusted that God was in control one way or the other as hard as it could have been.

On to the new opportunities...I am officially a high school teacher and in the last 2 months of teaching, God has shown me so much. He has affirmed that working with students and being in this school is definitely where I needed to be. I have had the opportunity to talk to the majority of my students about my beliefs and listen to theirs as well. Being in a small school, every student knows who I am and what I stand for and many of the students that I have not even spoken to have asked me about what something (i.e. purity ring, or tattoos) means and I have been able to discuss with them the Gospel. It is my prayer and hope that one day soon I will be able to see God do a mighty work in this school and in the lives of these students.

Furthermore, God has been using me in another way to impact the lives of students with His Gospel. During this summer, I decided that speaking to students was a talent that God was going use within my life. That being said, I have had several speaking opportunities this fall already and I can't wait to see what God provides for me in the future. I have already met hundreds of students during these gigs and God has astounded me over and over again. One of the most testing and greatest opportunities I will have is on November 14 of this year I will be speaking at a Stokes County Youth Revival which last year had about 800 students (nervous, yes I am!). God is providing these opportunities for me and I know that He is going to show up and do a great work each time. Shameless plug (after all it is my own blog) check out my website. What opportunities has God provided you recently?

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm continually encouraged by you J! Thanks for sharing.