CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Questions

Do you ever find yourself just continually asking questions and never knowing the answers? Maybe you continue to ask why, or how long, or what will happen. The simple answer (without sounding too spiritual) is Jesus. I know what you're thinking, "yea I hear that all the time, Jesus is the answer to my questions, if I just trust in Him then He will lead me." I know it's hard to completely turn your life over and trust and have faith in somebody you have never physically met and expect them to take care of you and answer your questions. It is normal to ask questions, it is normal to not know what exactly is going to happen or why something has just happened, but you must find the comfort of forgiveness in Jesus and know that if you are living according to His will then He will take care of you in every aspect of your life. As I was thinking about this today, a song came on my ipod that took the words out of my mouth and explains this better than I can. That song is "Questions" by Jon McLaughlin and the lyrics are:


Katy stands at the top of the stairs
As she’s leaving her father stares
What has she come to? Another boy she runs to tonight
Powerless he just shakes his head
Disappointed and off to bed
But he won’t be sleeping cause the hours she’s keeping are not right

She’s asking a question, how will I be
After this next one eventually leaves me
How can a man be all that they say when all that I know
Is men run away?
I think I lose just a little bit of me in every man that I see

Danny’s been out now for 7 days
Funny how he thought the price had been paid on a past he hates to talk about
Its everything wrong about him
He goes back home to a battle field and starts to drink as some kind of a shield
For the anger instilled in him and their looks are killing him now

He’s asking a question
How will I be when It comes down to the end and memories still haunt me
How can He have forgiveness that flows when no one forgives me
Yet its Jesus they know
I think I lose just a little bit of me in this family that won’t see

A crowd of confusion gathers round watching the light as he slowly goes out
After all they've talked about everything’s coming out now
Their anger turns to dead and gone
Hearts start to feel what feels so wrong and as the time starts passing by and hours turn to days in their heads they can still hear Him say

I came for your questions of what you don’t know
But you cant see the answers unless I go
So give me your hatred and give your diseased
Give me your tired and Ill take them with me
Cause I’m hanging here losing every part of me
Just to open your eyes to what you would never see
And to answer your questions there’s no place that I’d rather be


That song spoke volumes to me as I continued to listen to it and it portrays how Jesus answers our questions. Simply Jesus came for our questions and we must turn over everything to Him in order to truly find peace and comfort and rest! Do you trust that He can overcome your doubts and questions?

1 comments:

Shannon said...

I ask so many questions...I doubt so much...when all I should do is trust God and let him lead me!

We have a BIG God and I'm learning that He will answer all my questions when the time is right:)

Miss you Josh!