CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Got Hope?

Let me preface this by saying that the following is in no way a political statement or judgement/bashing...On my way to work a couple weeks ago I drove up on this car that had an interesting magnet on the back of it. This magnet caught my eye because all it said from where I could see it was "Got Hope?" As I got closer to the car I realized that uderneath this slogan were the names "Obama/Biden." I am troubled by the fact that people are placing their hope merely in the government. This has nothing to do with the people that are going to be in office, but the fact that people are looking to the government for their hope is troubling. While this has been somewhat of the slogan for this presidential race, even now people are beginning to find out that not everything is as it seems and that all their hope for the future is beginning to fade already. As we celebrate Christmas this year with hope for the future I would challenge all of us to remember the reason that we celebrate Christmas to begin with. We celebrate this time because of the ultimate gift that God gave us, that being his son Jesus! Not only did Jesus live and die by crucifixion (historically proven), but he rose again to bring all of us hope for our lives and for our future. The hope of people cannot be merely placed in the government. People will let us down and promises will be broken unless they are the ones that were made by the only sinless creator. Christ provides us with everlasting hope and I pray that each person would find hope in him and the promise of salvation that he and he only can provide. Even through these economic struggles, wars, and government changes may our hope be found in him and not in government officials. Got hope?

0 comments: