CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Drowning

Have you ever thought about what the Bible says about our life before Christ? It says that we are DEAD in our transgressions, not struggling, not floating, but fully submerged and dead! We have already drowned in our sin and Christ comes and breathes life back into us, which is so amazing. I was dead and Christ came and saved me which I am so thankful for. Even though we have been pulled up from the waters, we will continue to struggle, we will keep trying to jump back in and drown ourselves over and over. I don't understand why we do this, but the fact is that we do. This is one of the hardest parts of my life because I feel like I have failed, like I have let God down. I feel like there is no escape from this and that I will continue to struggle. Thankfully, I have been in the arms of grace and do not have to deal with it, rather I give it all to the Lord, EVERY single bit of me is His. In doing so, I yearn to know Him and the Word of God. Since I yearn to know God and his Word, I study it, I live in it and this is what guides my life and drives me. I thirst for the Lord and I hunger to know Him more and I am thankful that He has provided the opportunity for me to do this by reading the Bible and through prayer. My life would be nothing without Christ. The reason I live is because of Jesus, because He sacrificed His life for me, so that I may live abundantly. Yes, sometimes I fall, sometimes I am persecuted, but it is for Christ that I endure all things. I count all of my gain but rubbish for the sake of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord! I live for Him, rather He lives through me! I was already dead before Jesus rescued me, He breathed life back into me and it is now Christ who lives. Are you alive or are you still drowning?

0 comments: